Free live Diverse Discussions Webinar on Wednesday September 27th from 6:30-7:30 PM EST.
- How do diet and nutrition impact mental health?
- What are some components of whole person treatment a clinician can address?
Moderator: Dr. David King, see biography in the flyer below.
The presenter, Layla Zickefoose, LCSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over a decade of experience counseling individuals and families. Layla and her husband live in the Dayton, Ohio area and own a private practice there that is committed to counseling from God’s word. She is particularly interested in offering whole-person treatment and earned a certification in nutrition and mental health in 2022. She enjoys engaging in conversations about nutrition and health with clients when relevant. Layla has worked as a counselor helping to found a non-profit organization to fight human trafficking called Reset 180. She graduated from Patrick Henry College with a degree in journalism and public policy. She earned her Clinical Social Work degree from the Virginia Commonwealth University. Layla and her husband have two young children.
What is Diverse Discussions?
- Live Discussions for Christian helping professionals and students; conversations, interviews, and Q & A with experts and professionals.
- Topics include working with diverse populations and challenging issues from a Christian worldview.
- Focus is on integrating faith and practice to increase skills, knowledge, and ability to effectively engage and serve others in pluralistic contexts.