To rsvp for this webinar, please send an email to email@example.com. A zoom link will be emailed to you a few days before the event.
The presenter will present for 30 minutes followed by question and answer/discussion.
When providing services in the health and human services fields, whether as a social worker, nurse, counselor, minister, human service provider, or even when teaching in these service oriented professions as a university professor, some Christians may experience conflict between their orthodox or Catholic Biblical worldview on how to approach helping others and the popular culture’s call to advance social justice systemically.
Pastor Alex Bryant of Alex Bryant Ministries will focus this presentation on:
- What does reconciliation look like from a Biblical perspective? How is it the same and how does this differ from established social justice initiatives?
- Considering reconciliation takes forgiveness for past wrongs, who should take the lead in initiating the reconciliation process?
- Racism affects us in many different ways; mentally, intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually. This is why it has been such an effective tool the enemy has used to cause division for centuries. What does it take to stop the vicious cycle from continuing? What tools do we have to fight against the strong urge to retaliate or harbor hatred in our hearts when we are the victims of racism?
What is Diverse Discussions?
- Live Discussions for Christian helping professionals and students; conversations, interviews, and Q & A with experts and professionals.
- Topics include working with diverse populations and challenging issues from a Christian worldview.
- Focus is on integrating faith and practice to increase skills, knowledge, and ability to effectively engage and serve others in pluralistic contexts.